Statement of Intent Tutorial

Here is the version of my SOI that I brought to the tutorial:


And a list of ideas for content in my design context publication:

  • Web-Based Publication
  • Practitioners and Studios
  • Interviews
  • Products/Designs
  • Articles on Subject
  • Book Extracts and Quotes
  • Own writing on subject
  • Tutorials and Guides
  • Tools of Design

After talking about my current SOI draft and DC content possibilites we came to the following points that I need to take into consideration:

  • We need to prepare a 5 minute presentation on my DC decisions next Wednesday.
  • Try to find things that haven't necessarily been considered as connected previously.
  • My publication should define my practice, it should be a book that I would want to but myself.
  • I should pay close attention to my potential users and how they think.
  • Look at functional and emotive design.
  • Look at a range of interfaces across a variety of devices and contexts.
  • Looking at ranges in my DP and DC will increase the potency of my ideas.
  • Consider 'Rainy Day Design'; small bits of design practice related to my DC investigation that may come in handy for future briefs.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.